Skip to content
- GSBB sponsored the one day State level educator skills training workshop, ‘The Sahyadri fresh water Biodiversity conservation’ at Carmel College for Women’s on 22nd October 2013. Member Secretary was the Chief Guest for the occasion.
- Orientation programme on BMC formation for Members of Village Panchayats and Secretaries (South Goa) (6 nos) on 23rd October 2013
- Orientation programme on BMC formation for Members of Village Panchayats and Secretaries (North Goa) (6 nos) on 24th October 2013
- GSBB sponsored (funded by NBA) one day State level educator skills training workshop, ‘The Sahyadri fresh water Biodiversity conservation’ at Carmel College for Women’s on 22nd October 2013. Lectures on the conservation of biodiversity of Sahyadri, life cycle and behavior of insects of fresh water ecosystem were delivered by various experts.
- Orientation programme on BMC formation for Members of Village Panchayats and Secretaries (North Goa) (6 nos) on 8th November 2013
- Career and personal counseling centre of Chowgule College of Arts and Commerce, Margao organized a short course on the conservation of natural resources. As a part of this programme, Member Secretary delivered lectures on the ‘conservation of biodiversity’ at the Chowgule College of Arts and Commerce on 28/07/2014 and 05/08/2014.
- Orientation programme on the preparation of Peoples Biodiversity Register (PBR) and Biodiversity Heritage Site (BHS) for the Biodiversity Management Committee members of the Village Panchayats from North & South Goa was held on 22/08/2014 & 23/08/2014 respectively in the Seminar Hall of Department of Science, Technology & Environment, Saligao.
- GSBB in collaboration with Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education organized an awareness programme on the Biological Diversity Act, 2002 for the Higher Secondary Schools teachers from North Goa and South Goa District at Goa Science Centre, Miramar on 16th and 17th September, 2014 respectively.
- GSBB organized a 3 days Training and Capacity Building Programme on “Preserving indigenous flora and fauna, local varieties and breeds” at Abolim Hall, International Centre Goa, Dona Paula from 17th to 19th November 2014 from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. The event was funded/ sponsored by the National Biodiversity Authority (NBA).Academicians, Personnel of Line Departments dealing with biodiversity (forest, agriculture, animal husbandry and fisheries); Secretaries of Village Panchayats and NGO’s were the main stakeholders of the training and capacity building programme.